Thursday, 20 November 2014

Print Advert




This advert is very sparse it has a very small writing on the bottom right and because its small and there are no other writing on the advert it makes us want to focus on it. The writing on the bottom right is actually their slogan but instead of ' Finger Lickin Good' they instead used a particular product which is hot wings.

In the advert its just two hand prints and their slogan in white writing and their logo in a big red background and I think that they used the colour red for the background because it represents the red hot sun and so does the colour yellow which is the colour of the hand prints. To me I think that the two hand prints were positioned like that to create a figure that looks like two open wings but it also has movement marks which creates the illusion that its moving and this makes me think of the reaction you make when you touch something hot and burn yourself and you try and shake off.

Along with the very small writing they put their logo right beside it so that when people are focusing on the small writing they will also see the logo I think this is not too important because they also have the slogan but it's still important when advertising through Print products because pint adverts like these are everywhere and this way people will know what company it is from.

There are no other characters in the advert except for the colonel himself but maybe he doesn't count as he is a part of the logo if e isn't then there is noting else.

I don't think that this ad has a story but although the advert is very sparse it has many meanings and i have mentioned them in the second paragraph.

I can't find any other media product that links to this Print advert I also couldn't find any magazine this advert appears in.

I can't really identify any use of advertising techniques in this Print advert.

Overall I think that this advert is great because even though it's sparse with very little writing and two simple yellow coloured hand prints I was able to find a few meanings and I also like how they used small writing to get people to focus more on the small writing because if there were other writings they wouldn't be able to focus on the selling point.    

No comments:

Post a Comment